Spooks Series 10 to be the Last

In what will come as little surprise to fans who have been suspecting as much, according to an article published on the Guardian website today, series 10 will be the last for Spooks. The decision has come from the production company who create spooks, Kudos, and not from the BBC.

Kudos chief executive and Spooks executive producer Jane Featherstone told MediaGuardian.co.uk: “I feel very sad about it. It was a very difficult decision to make. But we didn’t want to get to the point where the BBC said we don’t really want another one, we wanted to kill it off in its prime.”

As a dedicated Spooks fan it is a little sad to receive this news, but a decade of great television is a pretty mean feet! One can only be pleased that the show has stuck around for this long and has maintained such a great quality. I can not WAIT to see how they finish it!!

See the official press release.

See Ian Wylie’s blog for some commentary on the show’s end.

There is no news on when series 10 will be aired yet, but if it is broadcast around the same time as it was last year, except it to be on our TV screens some time in late October.

Spooks 10 is expected to go to air in September!!

The end of Spooks does not mean the end of this blog! Fans will be talking about this show for a long time to come :)

13 Responses to Spooks Series 10 to be the Last
  1. tyme4t
    August 11, 2011 | 8:00 pm

It’s sad news but not surprising. And I completely agree that this is the way for the show to end – on their own terms! I am right on board with you – cannot wait to see how this series will unfold. Thank goodness for DVDs and I am most happy to hear that this blog will continue!
    Long Live Section D!

2. Bazsgirl
    August 11, 2011 | 8:32 pm

I’m really sad that this amazing series will end after series 10… I think this was undoubtedly the best thing on TV (only other 2 good shows that came close were Luther and Life on Mars)…. I’m really sad :-( … but as tyme4t said there are the series dvd’s, ok I’ll be starting with series 1 again tonight…

3. Sephy
    August 11, 2011 | 9:25 pm

I just read this on the BBC news website this morning. Didn’t come a surprise, but it’ll still be sad to see it go after all this time! The article on the BBC suggested that S10 would be aired sometime in September though.
    Long live Section D!

4. fitzg
    August 11, 2011 | 11:44 pm

Please don’t abandon the blog. PBS is broadcasting pre-Armitage eps. north of the border. Just finished McFadyen; working on RPJ now. Even RPJ grows on one. Ruth endures. Can’t wait for early Ros. Lots to talk about, Skully.

5. Servetus
    August 12, 2011 | 12:30 pm

I like Alice Krige.

6. tyme4t
    August 12, 2011 | 7:42 pm

OK…I know that it’s probably just a rumour / red herring but just reading “Hawes and Macfadyen are believed to have been invited back to reprise their roles in the final six episodes of the MI5 drama.” (The Daily Mail) makes me giddy…. ;)

7. mulubinba
    August 13, 2011 | 10:05 am

We’ll just have to start back at Series 1 once we have seen S10 :).

Will Harry and Ruth ride off into the sunset together?

8. Amy Jane
    August 15, 2011 | 3:47 am

I am both saddened and pleased that the show is calling it quits. So thrilled that Kudos is doing it on its own terms while the show is still breathtaking. The relationship between Harry and Ruth needs to move forward to some climax now and I am reading this decision as an indication that we can expect it to do so. Whether they end up together, apart or dead, they will get resolution.

9. Twinkling Moon
    August 23, 2011 | 1:05 pm

It’s airing this september? wow! that’s right around the corner!

I think it would be neat to see Zoe and tom again, Tom left the show as such a mess! Hopefully is life is together now, and Zoe I think, is the only one who got to leave Section D without a body bag :)
    And here’s hoping Harry and Ruth get their act together once and for all!

I do think the show needs to come to an end or totally revamp it and bring it back to its origins, I think the show lost some of the stuff that initially appealed to me in the earlier seasons.

anyhoo, will have to find ways to view it in September even though I don’t live in the UK ;)

10. fran
    September 18, 2011 | 5:09 am

cant believe its finishing.so good nothing better on tv,brilliant actors and storylines would love to see “tom” in final episode !

11. PATRICK
    September 19, 2011 | 10:26 am

I think it is awful that such a great drama is finishing. I have always looked forward to the series, great acting great stories and all so real. Please come back again. !!!!!
    WHAT’S THE STORY ?, EVERYBODY LOVES IT SO WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT IS NOT BROKE.
    Please God Harry and Ruth make it to the end.

12. Hannah
    February 9, 2012 | 6:08 am

I really miss Spooks, and I was really sad when it ended. Hopefully they can bring it back – there are many writers who have some good ideas, and the cast are willing, so we can hope :)

13. I'm da fan
    February 2, 2013 | 1:18 pm

The best thing that could happen now is that they make a movie out of it. That would be seriously cool. It’d beat the pants off anything from Tom Clancy and Robert Ludlum et al.

Come on Spookies make some noise. Lets get a movie off the ground.

Spooks Series 10 to be the Last

See the official press release.

See Ian Wylie’s blog for some commentary on the show’s end.

Spooks 10 is expected to go to air in September!!

13 Responses to Spooks Series 10 to be the Last

August 12, 2011 | 12:30 pm

I like Alice Krige.

6. tyme4t
    August 12, 2011 | 7:42 pm

7. mulubinba
    August 13, 2011 | 10:05 am

We’ll just have to start back at Series 1 once we have seen S10 :).

Will Harry and Ruth ride off into the sunset together?

8. Amy Jane
    August 15, 2011 | 3:47 am

9. Twinkling Moon
    August 23, 2011 | 1:05 pm

It’s airing this september? wow! that’s right around the corner!

And here’s hoping Harry and Ruth get their act together once and for all!

10. fran
    September 18, 2011 | 5:09 am

11. PATRICK
    September 19, 2011 | 10:26 am

WHAT’S THE STORY ?, EVERYBODY LOVES IT SO WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT IS NOT BROKE.
    Please God Harry and Ruth make it to the end.

12. Hannah
    February 9, 2012 | 6:08 am

13. I'm da fan
    February 2, 2013 | 1:18 pm

Come on Spookies make some noise. Lets get a movie off the ground.